As a proud member of the Higher Education User Group, Remy Corporation will be attending the New England Regional User Group this coming September. We look forward to interacting with other Oracle/IT users in the Higher Education industry throughout the New England region. The event will take place on September 24th through September 25th at the Sheraton Monarch Place in Springfield, Massachusetts. Stop by our booth for information on how to improve your tech team and new implementations companies are using to stay ahead of the competition. We hope to see you there.
Cooperative cross-campus operations, innovative procurement, imaginative solutions in student success, leveraging technology, and effective service-oriented strategies are just some of the topics being presented at the 2018 California Higher Education Collaborative (CHEC) Conference being held October 1-3, 2018 at the Sonoma State University campus. This conference, with a theme of New Opportunities – Common Challenges, convenes administrative leaders and professionals from the three segments of California public higher education, to encourage the exchange of ideas and practices, which may improve administrative performance, service, and outcomes.
The New England Oracle Applications User Group (NEOAUG) is a regional group of the Oracle Applications User Group (OAUG®) and is independent of Oracle Corporation. It is open to all Oracle Applications software users and meets at least once a year to provide a forum for sharing ideas and networking of members. New England member companies has substantially grown since 1993 to over 200 companies from Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut and New York. This year the event will take place at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts.
The Manager Enterprise Management Systems is responsible for the Enterprise Management Systems technology implementation and upgrades by effectively collaborating with colleagues in HR, Finance, IT and vendors throughout the lifecycle of a release or project. Also responsible for the management and evolution of product and platform that facilitates enterprise management features for the company.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates and acts as the Workday subject matter expert during the implementation of the HCM solution
- Workday Tennant management
- Supporting resolution of issues escalated; managing incidents, tracking ticket status and partnering with teams to resolve
- Collaborating with project resources in all aspects of system testing including development of test strategy documentation, creating test scripts, coordinate testing resources, compile test completion metrics, and test script execution
- Driving the execution of Workday configuration, including all workflow configuration and system level reports
- Assisting with prioritization of enhancements and overall stabilization efforts
- Partnering with the business users to recommend supplemental solutions leveraging Workday. Enhancing Workday BP’s to support ongoing business process changes
- Managing and communicating weekly status reports
- Primary point of contact for customers to research, troubleshoot and resolve integration and production issues in a timely manner
- Effectively prioritizes and escalates customer issues as required
- Supports the change order process through providing estimates on effort, defining requirements, designing and developing the solution using the Workday Integration tools – Core Connectors, EIBs, Workday Studio, etc
- Supports end users with ad hoc or non-standard batch uploads, creating complex reports and resolving issues with existing reports
- Maintains integration related requirements and technical documentation
- Provides production support for the Workday platform and its integration points with other software and modules and ensures business processes are maintained in a non-disruptive manner
- Provides support to end-users of the Workday platform, answering questions, resolving issues and following through on any reported or unresolved issues ensuring timely and reliable response
- Consults on the design, development, testing, implementation, administration, support and enhancement of Workday Security
- Undergraduate degree, equivalent degree with preferred concentration in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years of practical Workday Administration experience outlined above – including the support and development of integrations using Workday Studio, Enterprise Interface Builder, and Core Connector
- Workday HCM Certification is preferred
- Experience with building Workday integrations. Must have experience with Studio integrations
- Working knowledge of XSLT is required
- Experience with Workday Security Administration is required
- Experience in writing documents and executing requirements, design, development, and testing
- Working knowledge of software development life cycle activities (i.e., requirements, analysis, design, construction, testing, and deployment)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently and perform against tight deadlines and multi-task effectively
- Strong self-motivation balanced with a desire to achieve team goals
- Experience with iterative or agile software development methodologies
- Working knowledge of PM tools such as MS Project and MS Excel
- Experience with web service integrations (SOAP, WSDL, XML).
The intellectual and physical demands described below are representative of what must be met by a Crewmember to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable Crewmembers with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to deliver results under heavy pressure deadlines
- Must maintain disciplined time management and follow-up work to completion
- Ability to work in a fast paced, consumer brand organization
- Must maintain confidential information
The DevOps Engineer will primarily be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, monitoring, maintenance and deployment of infrastructures and applications used to support SpireMedia’s Digital Product Development, Staging, QA, and Client Production environments. This includes streamlining and automating deployments, configuring and optimizing virtual instances, configuration of supporting environments and engineering robust toolsets to support an always available, highly responsive environment. The successful candidate will be a hands-on contributor and team player with a programming background and passion for operations, automation, scalability, security, and quality.
• System monitoring, troubleshooting and tuning in Development, Staging and production environments
• Work with internal and external teams to break down complex infrastructure problems and drive resolution
• Develop tools to assist in automation of deployments and monitoring of production environments
• Troubleshoot high transaction web-based operations and environmental issues
• Application of common Linux and Windows system administration tools and tasks
• Apply programming/scripting knowledge in latest technologies contributing to operational efficiencies
• Leverage scripting and programming skills to develop custom tool integrations
• Apply practical experience in deployment and software configuration management methodologies
• Work with Product Owners, Development and QA teams to achieve high quality release management
• Clearly write technical specifications and effectively communicate across teams and roles
• Apply knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
• Other assigned tasks
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
• 2+ years of technical expertise in Full Stack Programming
• 3+ years of experience in scripting languages, such as Python, Visual Basic, perl, etc.
• 3+ years of experience in systems integration within linux-based environments
• Experience in LAMP technologies
• Experience in Windows Server stack administration
• Experience with automation/configuration management tools such as Puppet/Chef/Jenkins
• Experience with Amazon Web Services included EC2, RDS, S3, CloudFront, SES, IAM, etc.
• Experience with highly responsive / high availability systems
• Experience with continuous integration systems such as Hudson/Jenkins/TeamCity/Bamboo
• Knowledgeable in version control such as CVS and Git
• Knowledgeable in common SCM practices, such as branching and code merges
• Familiarity with MS SQL and MySQL (NoSQL / MongoDB experience is a plus, also)
• Experience with mobile application deployment tools including TestFlight, Google Play, and Apple Store
• Team player with strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills